There is one thing that most commercial businesses have in common today – not enough storage room on-site for merchandise, business supplies and office equipment. While some businesses are able to rely on seasonal storage in Boston for extra merchandise for big sales or during the holiday season, most need to use some type of commercial storage containers year-round.
Companies like Valtran provide rental and lease options for their storage containers, but if you know that you are going to be using your shipping container storage year-round and you have the funds to do it, it could be in your best interest to purchase commercial storage containers outright. Fortunately, Valtran sells both new and used storage containers and can help you to find a solution that will fit your needs and your budget.
Why Shipping Container Storage?
There is no better solution for increasing on-site storage capabilities than to use commercial storage containers. They are strong, durable, secure and weather-proof, providing store owners and other types of businesses with a safe place to store merchandise, customer files, office supplies, excess equipment, display materials, seasonal decorations and other things that aren’t used every day, but that are still needed on-site for easy access.
Most commercial businesses use every bit of space in their storefront to provide room for customers and office staff for the sake of doing business. Unfortunately, this usually means that space typically used for storage is now housing computers, desks and other essential day-to-day business items. Shipping container storage is great way to add storage space on-site without having to rent or lease a bigger store space or invest in construction.
What Are the Options Available in Storage Containers?
When it comes to purchasing commercial storage containers, you have quite a few options available. Most shipping containers are long in length and come in either ground level or trailer dock height for easy use. If your location has a loading dock that is used for bringing in new merchandise, a dock height storage solution might be just what you need for easy use and parking on-site.
However, ground level storage containers are used all the time by retail, corporate, medical, educational, public safety and other types of businesses nationwide. Next time you are out shopping or visiting the local mall, take a look at all of the shipping container storage being used by many different businesses. Ground level storage is a great solution for commercial businesses that don’t have access to a loading dock. They can be set up anywhere on your property as long as there is a flat and level surface, such as concrete, asphalt, compacted dirt or other types of paved areas.
We currently offer commercial storage solutions for rent or sale in the following sizes:
- 10, 20 and 40 foot long standard, long ground level storage containers
- 20 and 40 foot long high cube ground level storage containers
- 28, 38 and 53 foot long trailer dock height storage containers
Getting Started: How to Buy Used Storage Containers
Here are some basic tips that will help you to decide whether or not purchasing new or used storage containers is a better solution than renting or leasing, as well as tips on how to figure out what size of storage containers you will need and where to purchase long-term or seasonal storage in Boston.
- How Long Will You Need the Shipping Container Storage? – The answer to this question will help you determine whether buying or renting is best for your situation. If you will only need to use storage containers for a couple of months and don’t have money to invest in purchasing, then a rental or lease might be your best option. However, if you know that commercial storage containers will be a necessity in your job due to your location or the type of work that you do, you may want to look into investing in storage containers for permanent use.
- What Size Shipping Container Storage Do You Need? – This will depend on what you want to store inside of your storage containers. If you will have a lot of merchandise and other things that will need to be stored off and on throughout the year as seasonal storage in Boston, you may want a 40 foot container. However, if you will only be storing a few items and rotating them throughout the year, you may only need a 10 or 20 foot space.
- Can You Permanently Use Commercial Storage Containers On-Site? – If you are renting or leasing your commercial store space from a management company or property owner, make sure to check and see if you can use storage containers on-site on a semi-permanent or permanent basis. This will help you determine whether or not you can use shipping container storage as a temporary or permanent solution to your storage problem.
- What Are the Cost Differences Between Renting and Buying? – Research the different costs between renting or leasing commercial storage containers and purchasing them outright. You can also compare the costs between buying new and used storage containers, if there’s a difference. Just give Valtran a call – our customer service agents will help you find the best option for your budget that will help you to save money and invest in your future.
Where to Get Permanent and Seasonal Storage in Boston
Valtran is the place to go for commercial storage containers in New England, whether you are interested in renting, leasing or purchasing. With our wide variety of sizes, shapes, styles and types of shipping container storage, Valtran can help you to find the solutions you need that will best suit your unique situation. Give us a call today to find out more about our storage containers as well as temporary fencing, office trailers and other business opportunities. We provide delivery and set up services to all of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New Jersey and New York.