A common occurrence for people who have to move is to put some items in storage, either before the move while staging the home to be sold, or during the move, if there isn’t room for some furniture and other items at the new residence. Whatever your reasons for needing storage as a part of your impending move, it is important to choose a solution that will cause you the least headache, fit in with your budget and if it can make your move easier, well that’s an extra helpful bonus. We would like you to consider portable storage units as part of your moving process if you need storage space and in this article, we will tell you why.
The Case for Renting a Residential Storage Cube or Container
When most people think about storage, they think about self-storage units at some local facility in town. The problem with self-storage is that you have to do a lot of moving just to get your things into storage. You start by getting a moving truck rental from the storage lot and filling it up with boxes of your belongings, as well as any furniture and things you want to stow away. Then you drive the truck back to the self-storage facility and unload your things, loading them into the storage unit. When it comes time to move into your new place, you have to get a rental truck again, go to the storage unit, load up all of your things, drive them to your new place, unload them from the truck and load them into your new apartment, condo or house. That’s a lot of moving!
When it comes to storage containers as a viable option for residential customers, you only need to load your things once and then unload them when you are ready. The portable storage units are delivered to your residence, where you can load them at your leisure. When you are ready to have them picked up, just contact Valtran and they will be removed from the property and taken to a storage facility to wait until moving day or be immediately transported to the cite of your new residence. Then all you have to do is unload and call them to pick up the empty portable storage in New Bedford, MA when you’re done. It’s that easy!
The Advantages to Using Storage Containers
Outside of the obvious initial advantage of decreasing the amount of around-town driving, loading and unloading that you will have to do with a self-storage unit at an off-site facility, there are other advantages to using storage containers to hold your belongings in the middle of a move. This portion of the article will discuss those advantages and cite examples where applicable.
- Save $$$ on Gas – Just think about all the money you will be able to save by using a residential storage cube instead of having to rent a truck, drive it home and then drive your things all over town. Just one moving truck – on the day of your move – and a straight shot from your old home to your new one.
- Save $$$ on Truck Rentals – Again, money saved by not needing a moving truck prior to and after the day of your big move. Just one moving truck rental on the day of the move and that’s it. You can save even more by loading all of your belongings into the storage containers and have them moved to your new home.
- Save Time – All that running around town is behind you, now you can focus on setting up your new home and not have to worry about renting trucks, loading, unloading and finding room for things that you aren’t going to be using immediately anyway.
- Move When YOU Are Ready – Load a few things one day, take a break and load again when you have time. The beauty of using portable container storage in New Bedford, MA is that you can load it and have it hauled away on your time table – not someone else’s.
- Make Room for the Essentials – Getting all those things out of the way that you aren’t going the be using now, such as holiday decorations, winter gear, summer gear and other seasonal items, can really help you set up your new home without all the clutter in the way.
Take advantage of all the benefits associated with using storage containers can really take some of the pressure off making a move. Whether you are moving across town or from one state to another, Valtran portable storage units can help your move go a lot easier than it would using any other method. Valtran provides services to residential, commercial and construction customers throughout the northeastern states, including Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York. Give Valtran a call to find out more about our storage containers and residential storage cube rentals or to set up an appointment for delivery of portable storage in New Bedford, MA or anywhere else in the New England area.