There are many construction companies in that area that use New Bedford job site trailers for residential, commercial and even industrial construction projects. That being said, as the owner or manager of the construction company, it is your duty to make sure that every aspect of your job site is safe for your employees – including your construction trailers. The trailer itself should have no issue, as most portable office trailers are made of durable, heavy-duty steel, designed to take just about any punishment your guys or the weather can throw at them. So the real issue lies with what you put into the trailer and how you manage those things when they are inside.
What Are Construction Trailers?
Construction trailers are portable office trailers that are commonly used by construction companies in order to provide administrative services directly on the job site. They are great for providing payroll and other accounting services specific to the project at hand, but can also be a perfect meeting place for clients, as well as vendors and other contractors. Many companies get a construction trailer for rent from Valtran and have it delivered to the job site in New Bedford or the surrounding area. When the project is finished, Valtran can pick up the portable office trailers from the job site to complete the rental or move construction trailers to the next job site on behalf of the construction company.
The Number One Cause of Accidents
When it comes to portable office trailers, the number one cause of accidents, fire and other incidents is usually due to neglect or improper safety precautions being in place. A fire inside of construction trailers can cause significant damage, delaying progress on the job site and costing construction companies thousands of dollars in lost equipment and time. If you want to protect your portable office trailers from accidents and fire, you need to put some safety measures in place and enforce them on a regular basis.
- Fire Extinguishers – You should always have at least one fire extinguisher in your portable office trailers. Consider having two or more if you rent office-storage combination construction trailers from Valtran, so an extinguisher will be readily available in the back of your New Bedford job site trailers and another will be available at the front in the office area. Make sure they are regularly inspected and checked to ensure that they will work in case of an emergency. Make sure that the pin, tamper seal and pressure level are all checked and that it is looked over carefully for any leaks or corrosion.
- Appliances Care – Make sure to check all of the appliances that are plugged in inside your portable office trailers, such as coffee makers, hot plates, microwaves and office equipment. At the end of the day, ensure that they are all turned off or unplugged before you leave for the evening or over the weekend. This tiny step, which only takes a couple of minutes, can help to prevent a fire more than anything else.
- Smoke Detectors – There are a lot of smoke detectors on the market that can be easily stuck up inside the steel wall construction of your construction trailer for rent. If you purchase construction trailers, make sure to have them modified permanently to include smoke detectors at the front and back of the unit for optimum safety. Just like a home, make sure to test and replace the battery at least twice each year.
- No Smoking – Despite the fact that there are laws against smoking inside businesses, there are many companies that still allow it. Make a no smoking policy that encompasses your entire facility, including portable office trailers and areas within the job site itself. Having employees take smoke breaks outside of the temporary security fence area will make it clear that smoking is not allowed anywhere on site.
- Stay Secure – Another way that accident or fires can occur is after hours when no one is on the job site. Thieves, vandals and kids will sometimes explore portable office trailers and accidentally or on purpose, start a fire. Secure your construction trailers with a lock to make sure that no one gets inside and consider hiring a security guard or service to keep an eye on your project when the crew is not on site.
- Be Clean – Keeping your New Bedford job site trailers neat and clean will also help you to protect your property. Take the trash out daily and don’t keep chemicals or things inside that could potentially cause a fire or another type of accident. Oily rags, improperly closed chemical containers that can easily knock over and spill, piles of trash, stacked paperwork in files and other just sloppy behavior and habits cause fires in construction trailers every day. Do a daily check to make sure that nothing that could start a fire, cause an accident or do any other type of damage is inside your portable office trailers at the end of the day.
Where to Get Portable Office Trailers in New Bedford
Having construction trailers on site at your facility can really help to increase productivity and allow your crew to do their very best. Portable office trailers are an important part of running a construction or contractor business, so when you need to rent one in the New Bedford area, contact Valtran. Valtran provides a wide variety of construction trailers for rent, lease or purchase throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New Jersey and New York. Give us a call today for a free quote or to learn more about our construction trailers, portable offices, container storage solutions and temporary fencing rentals.